Sunday, December 21, 2008

Banyaklah...

...yang kena update.

17/12/08 BAKE DAY
Dan, Fee and Nana (accompanied by Sarah) came by to bake cupcakes and cookies. :)

We were pretty darn hyper in the kitchen. Especially Dan and Nana, though Nana later got really sleepy from jetlag, as she'd just returned from US a few days earlier. She fell asleep on the couch while the other 3 of us continued baking the cookies.

I must say, they were pretty darn yummy. The cupcakes and cookies. :) Oh, and I also finally gave Fee her belated birthday present and her card:
Once Nana and Sarah, followed by Dan, then Fee, had left, I realized that baking is really exhausting. But I may feel this way because I was doing it the whole day, with people it is near impossible to be sane with.
Huda and Lisa who couldn't make it, we missed you!


18/12/08 HAIR DAY
In the morning, Mama sent me to Kool Kutz, Bangsar Village, and I got my hair done.
By 'done', I mean I got it cut and relaxed. Yes, I got a new hairstyle. Uncle Eric cut around 6 inches or so, I think, so now it's shoulder-length, layered and relaxed, and I could't love it more.

It's a belated birthday present from Anji, btw. MUCHOS ARIGATOS, ANJI!!! And Uncle Eric and the rest of the Kool Kutz crew who worked on my hair, of course. <3

Now. I can't camwhore or take pictures of myself for nuts, so I didn't take pictures of my hair when I got home. I'll just let the following non-self-taken pictures explain what my hair looks like now, kay?


19/12/08 DALE DAY
I'll let the pictures do all the talking for this one.


These girls make a day of Doing Nothing one of the best days of my life. :)

20/12/08 MAMMAMIA! DAY
As the title may suggest, yesterday, I went to watch Mamma Mia! the Musical (but don't, on all cost, ever tell Julia). How this came to be was like this. Well, the ticket that Icame to possess was first supposed to be Ain's, but somehow or other, Uncle Syed managed to get hold of 2 free tickets (I haven't heard the story yet), so Ain is going on a later date, with Sarah. Thus...I came to be the proud new owner of this little ticket.

So it was me, Dan, Nana, Lisa, Cams, Maya, YinLi, Anji, Auntie Anne and Auntie Dora. We didn't get to sit all together in one long row, but instead sat two-by-two. But we were very much within speaking range, so all was well.



Needless to say, the show was made of pure awesome. I had a blast, even though Nana claimed that the crowd was boring, because when we sang along, they looked at us like we were crazy. Which we might just be, but it's MammaMia, come on. And we weren't even the ones who grew up listening to ABBA.

The cast was simply amazing. They were so energetic, enthusiastic and, for the lack of a better word, so very semangat-ed. I wanted to stand up and dance along. Too bad I can't dance for nuts.

Probably, my favourite numbers were... Dancing Queen, Voulez Vous, Super Trouper and Take A Chance On Me. I still feel like the The Winner Takes It All sequence was a little too long, but you could really feel the vocal prowess of the actress there. Way cool. :)

When the story ended and the cast came out to sing 3 last numbers (Mamma Mia, Dancing Queen and Waterloo), the crowd finally stood up, with our group being one of the very first. We danced(-ish), clapped and sang along, and cheered the cast on until they finally waved the last goodbye and disappeared backstage.

After that, it was decided that we would all go get a bite to eat, so we bundled into Anji's car, with the four DALE girls at the back. Still pumped with the rush of music, the four of us started singing a plethora of songs, none of which were MammaMia! songs for some reason. The songs ranged from Britney Spears, to High School Musical (and unfortunately, Camp Rock too, which I did not give in to), to My Chemical Romance. It was hella fun. ;D

We went to Chef & Brew, a restaurant in Damansara. Auntie Anne and Auntie Dora and their respective kids too a cab home soon. The rest of us ate there, and were joined by Acap later on. We spent quite a long time there, chatting and stuff.

It was one of those days when I just want to say to the world, "I LOVE MY FAMILY." ;)
***
FINALLY I'm done updating. *dies*
PS: I am addicted to Grey's Anatomy.

0 comments: