Wednesday, December 3, 2008

NFI day

The 1st December marked Farah Idayu's sixteenth birthday. :)



In celebration, Fairy invited some close ones to spend a night with her in The Legend Hotel, KL.

Mama sent me to Dan's in the morning, and from there, Dan and I went to Bangsar Village 2's MPH to get book vouchers for Han. Other than that, I got 3 books:

The City of Ember by Jeanne DuPrau
The City of Dreaming Books by Walter Moers
The Graveyard Book by Neil Gaiman

Dan payed for The City of Ember and The Graveyard Book as a belated birthday present. :) Muchos gracias, Danu! <3

After that we picked up Han from her house, then headed to Fairy's. There, Dan and I played a short gmae of chess (I won, somehow. It was pretty stupid, actually...) before Fairy's cousins arrived and we all (8 of us altogether, discluding Fairy's parents) proceeded to the hotel.

Our 'act civillized' plan worked for about... 10 seconds. We couldn't stay quiet for much longer than that. Luckily, Fairy's mom had gotten our rooms earlier (2 for us), and we had only to bring our luggage up and settle in.

We had lunch at The Mall. The 8 of us ate at Kenny Roger's, then explored a bit. But The Mall is pretty darn boring for people who are used to the likes of OU, The Curve and Megamall, so we soon left and returned to the our rooms.

After giving our stomachs some time to digest the food we'd eaten, we went swimming. :D It was a normal, rectangular pool, but the deepest end was 10 feet deep, which made it fun. :)

We had a buffet dinner in the hotel restaurant. The food was pretty good, and we all enjoyed ourselves thoroughly. Even, I daresay, Fairy's parents, who sat through all our silly banter, laughing along.

We stayed in the restaurant till around 10.30 I think, and then us teens lepak-ed at the piano, playing a little, talking a lot. Then we went back to our rooms, changed into our pajamas and watched America's Top Model together. Hahah. Well, I was only half-watching. The other half of my attention was focused on the PSP in my hands. xD

It was past midnight when we finally retreated to our respective rooms for the night. Despite being exhausted from the swimming, Dan, Fairy, Han and I didn't go straight to sleep. Oh no, we stayed up a bit more, singing. Thank goodness the walls weren't paper-thin, because I doubt anyone would be very happy to hear all the howling and screaming we were doing. Especially when we were singing Numb.

After a while, we grew tired of singing, so we settled under the sheets and turned out the lights. But the noise didn't stop there. We continued chatting in the dark for a while before finally using up all that energy and falling asleep.

The next day, we had a nasi lemak breakfast in our hotel room while watching a movie called Flicka. Then we all bathed, packed up our stuff, checked by 1.30 or so, and went to Cosmo's World, Times Square. :D

Needless to say, we had a lot of fun, though I got nauseous after the DNA Mixer (you'd think I'd have known better by now, since the last time I'd ridden it, I got nauseous as well, but it's too much fun), which led to me skipping a few rides I would otherwise have gone on. I still enjoyed myself though. :)

We left Times Square sometime past six. Fairy's dad sent Han, Dan and I back. I had dinner at the Husswan residence with Dan, Anji and Acap before heading home with Abah.

Back at mi casa, all the activities of the past two days were already catching up to me, and I was exhausted as hell. All the same, it was a Tuesday and I still stayed up to watch Grey's Anatomy and Desperate Housewives. ;) But it was straight to bed after that.

And today, I woke up to groan-worthy muscle pains galore. Whoopee!

0 comments: