Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Yay For New Stuff!

I bought new colour pencils today. They are awesome.






Look at them - LOOK AT THEM- and try and tell me they're not beautiful. They're gorgeous! The most beautiful things I've seen today!
Well, except for my reflection in the mirror.

...

I'm JOKING.

Anywhos, these are my old colours:






LOOK! THEY'RE LATERALLY INVERSED! Yes, I know they're still usable, but some of them are really short.




You see? So I needed (read: wanted) new ones.

LOOK WHAT I FOUND IN ONE OF MY OLD BUKU CONTENGS.

The Four Brothers

There were once four brothers
Who were very brave;
If someone was in danger,
That person they would save.

They helped to kill the monsters
That reduced the cliffs to rubble;
But when the brothers slew them,
No longer was there trouble.

One day the youngest said
“Let’s all go on a quest;
We’ll go our separate ways,
To see who fares best.”

So the next day they woke early
To set off down the road;
Though they carried heavy burdens,
They did not feel the load.

The first became a knight
The second earned a lot;
The third was a soldier,
But the fourth was not.

The first three ended up rich
But the fourth had no wealth;
He was grateful all the same,
To have friends and good health.

Though he was very brave
His village suffered no threats.
So he lived a simple life
Selling straw hats.

He was happy with his life
And did not mind a bit;
He loved the peaceful village
And for that village he was fit.

One day he went out hunting
For he needed some food;
And without a second thought,
He went deep into the wood.

Evening soon came
And night followed suit;
He stumbled around
Trying to find the right route.

An hour soon passed
But he was still lost;
He started to shiver,
In the cold midnight frost.

Too tired to go on
He decided to rest;
He would try again tomorrow,
And hope for the best.

When he woke up he noticed
A pillow cushioning his head;
And on his thin aching body,
A blanket lay spread.

When he sat up he saw
An old man was sitting;
Under an oak tree,
He sat there just waiting.

The old man then asked him
“What are you called?”
But a name he had not,
The man was appalled.

The old man decided
To call him Fourth One;
Fourth One felt quite pleased,
For a name he no longer had none.

Fourth One asked the man
If he knew the way around;
But the man did not answer,
Not a word, not a sound.

The old man turned away
And started to walk;
Towards a small clearing,
But still did not talk.

When he stopped he said
Before Fourth One could ask;
“To find the way home,
Complete these three tasks.”

For the first task he had to
Obtain a golden crown;
He stole it from an ogre,
Who lived under ground.

The second task required
A trip to a dragon’s lair;
An enchanted sword,
Lay waiting there.

The third and last task
Was to get a diamond throne;
From a guard dog it was traded,
In exchange for a bone.

The tasks were completed
Fourth One felt real clever;
He returned to the village,
As happy as ever.

One day the king came
And rounded up the people;
He gave an announcement,
As they gathered at the steeple.

Three of his possessions
Were stolen by a thief;
The king could not find him,
Much to his grief.

When Fourth One heard this,
He quickly ran home;
To get the three items,
The crown, the sword, the throne.

Fourth One was rewarded
He was poor no more;
But he still sells the hats,
That he makes out of straw!

Yaye, poems. :D And here's another one!

Broccoli


For all my life
I have been turned down;
Whenever they see me,
They shudder, they frown.

I’ve never been liked
The children all hate me,
The sight of me on tables,
Makes kids want to flee.

I’m forever detested
Too disgusting to like;
Alone in the world,
Subjected to spite.

I lead a sad life
Oh, the pity;
Despised by all children,
That’s me, the broccoli.

I quite like broccoli, actually.

Wrote those in 2004, lol.

I can see it in your eyes under the moon as it plays

like music every line

0 comments: