Sunday, June 22, 2008

Little Wonders

I had a blast with Fee yesterday, which goes without saying, really.

She arrived here around 11 (though she said she'd come around 10...she said it was her mom's fault, not hers) and we left around 11.30. When I saw her, I was quite shocked to see that she had coloured her hair. AND SHE DIDN'T TELL ME!!! I find this appalling. I mean, HOW COULD SHE NOT TELL ME?! HOW COULD YOU, FEE?! I sakit hati. *clutches heart*
But anyway, she looks totally hot like a volcano on a hot summer day (but hotter) with her now reddish-brown hair, and I forgive her (THIS time) for not telling me because she gave me this:




Which is what she got for me from China. Yeah, I'm aware it's something that can be gotten in Malaysia, just as easily. But who cares about trivial matters such as that when your friend gets you something from...anywhere. You can't help but love it. :)

First thing we did once we got to OU was buy the movie tickets. We only decided what to watch when we were standing in front of the counter and the guy was asking us what movie. She made me decide, when I'd told her she was to decide, since I got all the timings and all. So I picked The Happening. When we were paying and the guy was clicking the button that says "adult"...

Fee: I want a child ticket! I'm a kid!

me : *laughs* Two adults, please.

guy: *looks at me* She doesn't look like an adult.

me : *laughs* I'm older than her.

guy: *raises eyebrows*

Hahaha. Should I be insulted that I look like a kid, or flattered that I look younger than my actual age? I choose indifference.

Fee was offended. *rolls eyes* It's you height, Fee.

We had around an hour or less until the movie started at 1.25pm so we went to MPH to kill time. We bumped into Amy (Azizi) there! She's in UM. :)

After getting tempted by a dozen or so books on my part, we went off to walk around aimlessly. While we were drooling over donuts at Big Apple (no, of course not literally) we bumped into 3 ex-5SB-ians: Julia, Syahirah and...I'm really sorry but I don't remember the other girl's name. :( They were going to watch Kung Fu Panda.

We didn't buy any donuts because by that time we had to go back to the cinema and get our popcorn.

Overall, I enjoyed the movie well enough. It was not as good as The Sixth Sense, of course, but still better than I dared hope. :) Well, it was enough to make us cower in our chairs and squeeze each other's hands. xD There were several slightly gory parts (although nothing compared to Pan's Labyrinth and that scene in The Orphanage) that spurred different reactions from me and Fee:

Fee: Aw, crap.

me: Awesome.

Heheh. After the movie, we walked around a bit until we got hungry again, and then we had lunch at A&W. It was around 4pm.

...Damn, we were FULL. We could hardly finish our rootbeers (dahlah Fee ordered a large one) and waffle. It was not a nice kind of kenyang-ness.

me: I'll never look at A&W the same way again.

Fee: Yeah, me too.

We agreed that we'd be going on an A&W strike for a while.

me: Well, at least we aren't saying "I'm so hungry" anymore.

Fee: ....I'd rather be hungry.

me: Yeah, me too.

After lunch came a whole LOT of pointless walking around. We stepped into more or less every shop that caught our interest or was on sale, which was...quite a few. Some shops we visited more than once. We saw a white dress in Forever 21 that Fee liked and I urged her to try it on. And I was this close, too!!! But. She. Just. Wouldn't! *frustration* I'm telling you, she would have killed that dress. WHY WON'T YOU JUST DO WHAT I SAY, FEE?!! *grumbles*

I think we walked through the whole mall at least twice. As a result, Fee bought a pencil case from S&J and I bought a book from MPH. It's called Un Lun Dun by China Mieville, and I can't wait to read it. x3

By seven, we were exhausted, so we sat down on a bench outside to rest. We camwhored a bit, because we hadn't done any of that yet, and we didn't take purikura photos. I was almost too tired to smile, or even talk, by then, but I guess with Fee it can't be helped.

Abah picked us up at 7.30 sharp. Back home, Fee borrowed three of my books: The Kite Runner (yay!), Stardust and Hide & Seek. Have fun reading them, Fee!

...Then her parents picked her up. I missed her the moment she stepped out the gate. :( I...I wish I could see her, and Huda, and everyone, every week again!

But what's the use of wishing? I am happy where I am.

I watched the ending of Meet The Robinsons, and was surprised how much it moved me. I love the song Little Wonders. :)

Bah. More days like yesterday, Fee!!! Although maybe a little less tiring. :P

I hope I'll be allowed to go for Hari K next Saturday. I have an exam paper the next day. D:

STUDY TIME!!!

And I don't mind if it's me you need to turn to,

We'll get by.

It's the heart that really matters in the end.

0 comments: