Friday, September 19, 2008

Belated.

Yesterday, the 18th of September, a dear cousin of mine turned 15.

Happy Birthday Wan Asyraf Husswan!


In celebration, we had dinner at Tony Roma's, Cineleisure. It was just the immediate Husswan family (minus Nadia), me, Nana, Lisa and Husaini. Acap requested it to be just us, ain't that sweet? ;)
From Anji and Papa H, he got a drum set. From his kakak and adiks, he got a Band Bible. Acap, Acap. When your band makes its first album, I'm up for autographed copies, aite. ;D

I went to Dan's house straight from uni. Mama came a little later, so I killed time with Huda in her dorm. She had been sleeping, so I lay down on the bed with her, and we chatted the time away. If you know us well enough, you could imagine how gay we were being. It was fun. :)

At dinner, each of us made a little speech to Acap. Nana almost cried making hers. Biasalah. We love each other too much is why.

Acap: *when it was Dan's turn* Don't say anything weird ar! *after that was me* You also don't say anything weird ar!

Are we known for saying weird stuff...? *innocence*

We had party packs: one Kinder Surprise each, which we'd gotten earlier at Watson's, hahah. After dinner, the teens plus Cami, Armand and Kak Tin went upstairs to the arcade...place. Acap, Husaini, Nana and Lisa played two games of pool while the rest of us watched. It was amusing.

Oh, and something interesting happened.

After reserving a table at Tony Roma's, we (minus Nana) went to Border's to kill time.

Outside Cineleisure, Dan stopped for awhile to adjust something on her bag. Lisa and I waited for her. Some distance away, a man was talking to a lady with short hair and another man. What caught my attention was that he was speaking pretty loudly. I dismissed them and turned my attention back to Dan. Then the guy who had been talking came up to us, and after a beat, asked "Are you guys twelve?". Frowning, Lisa and I answered a firm "NO." Then we walked away. Once out of earshot, Lisa told us that she recognized him as a celebrity or something, and that they were probably doing a shooting (to which Dan replied "What are they shooting at?" but that has nothing to do with it).

After around half an hour or so in Borders, we headed back to Cineleisure and met up with Nana, who was standing outside of the building, near the stairs.

We were saying our hellos when we heard a lady shout out. We turned, and a little bit ahead of us was two men and a lady. The lady looked to be pregnant, and seemed to be in pain, clutching her stomach. One of the men was gesturing towards us to help.

We were shocked. Nana and I went over to help. We were busy being nice people, holding the lady firmly by her arms, and then--

POP!!!

Was that a balloon...? I thought.

The lady got up, smiling, saying something along the lines of "Thank you". Her stomach? Flat as a board. A red balloon lying deflated on the floor. One of the guys then pointed out two hidden cameras, and told us to wave.

I looked at Nana. The look on her face mirrored my disbelief. I managed to make myself wave at the cameras, though. I was still flabbergasted for a few seconds after that, so I don't remember when the con-men (and woman) walked away.

Apparently, Lisa had guessed the real situation at the start, while Nana and Dan both felt that something was wrong. Then I realized that the "pregnant" lady was the same lady who was with the guy who had asked if we were twelve, only she was wearing a different outfit. My brain had probably registered this earlier on, but was filed away to the back of my head as I realized what (I thought) was happening. My brain was like Hey, isn't that's the lady just n-OH SHIT.

We saw the same people several times again after that. No doubt they were looking for more people to con.

*rolls eyes*

TV PEOPLE.

0 comments: