Saturday, August 16, 2008

D:

I was supposed to watch The Dark Knight with Fee and Sotong today. (NO, I haven't watched it.) But due to timing problems, we had to cancel it.

So now I'm at home, doing my second Drawing assignment. In a way, it is even more annoying than the first. I'm not going to bother explaining everything, but in general, we need to do a tone scale for the different methods of shading: hatching, cross-hatching, scribbling, stippling and blending.

Does it sound simple? It's not. I need to do one tone scale (consisting of 9 panels) for each method. Okay, so five tone scales. Not so bad.

Yeah right. There's more. I need to use 5 media: pencil, colour pencil, pen/ink, watercolor and mixed media. Five tone-scales each. That makes 25 tone-scales.

As if that isn't enough, there's a second part, which is shading spheres. It's the same thing as the first part, using 5 media, 5 shading techniques each. So that's another 25.

Making it another fifty.

*cries pool of salty discharge*

Right now stippling (which is shading with a bunch of little dots) is driving me insane. REALLY. I want to pull out all my hair and stab my arm, and then eat my brain. It would be less painful.

0 comments: