Sunday, August 24, 2008

I Learned From You

Abah left for Australia yesterday. He'll be there for a week for work.

Abah: So what do you want? Books, yeah?
Mama: Art stuff lah.
me: Don't stop there.

Needless to say, (and yet I'm saying it anyway) I wish the rest of us could go too. I want to be able to remember Australia properly. Though even if we did go, there's no way we could revisit all the places and do all the things we did the last time we were there. That would take more than a year. Literally.

I miss Australia because it reminds me of a time when all I had to care about was whether Mama would find out I'd been drawing on the walls or using her lipstick.

At least I'll have souvenirs to look forward to. :)

We celebrated Uncle Kamal's birthday on Wednesday night at the Chinese restaurant in Sheraton Hotel, Subang Jaya. It was a small celebration, just the family, and some of Syafique's and Hannah's closest friends. I think it was supposed to be a surprise... but it didn't work, because some of us weren't hidden when the birthday boy arrived. xD Anyway, his birthday is next month. But it's during puasa month so...

The cake was kinda weird. The chocolate tasted a little like coconut, and the icing was really sticky, like glue. She made a figure of a man on her plate using her uneaten icing, then used crumbs to make eyes and hair, then I told her to add a moustache and raise one of its arms so that it'd turned into Hitler.

We (Nana, Dan and I) missed the birthday-song-singing, because we were in the ladies' room. Dan had to go twice.

Dan: *comes out of cubicle and looks at next cubicle* Hey, this one has a hose! I'm gonna pee again. *goes into cubicle*
me: Just because there's a hose?
Dan: No!
me: You're such a loser.
Dan: I'm not a loser! I'm a user!! *laughs*
me: ...That just proves you're a loser.

When we got back to the restaurant, they'd done the cake-cutting already. So the three of us (plus Amir and Acap) sang by ourselves. Hahah.

The next day, Anji had a small celebration at her house for Uncle Boboi and his wife, who just got married. Congratulations to the happy couple. :)

It was at night, so I went straight to the Husswan's house after classes. I was kinda tired and had a headache at first, but it soon wore off, and I had fun. :3

Unfortunately, none of the Syeds came, as Nana was feeling unwell at the time. The food was goooood though, and Dan, Lisa and I ate while Auntie Azi told us stories of her life in Dubai. She got to meet the author Paulo Coelho!

A.Azi: If I knew Spanish, I probably would have talked more.

Haha. Then we watched Armand for a while. He was a little hyper because we gave him some ice-cream. Lisa and I had an argument regarding two of Armand's toy lorries. We were bickering over which was better.

me: Yours is wood! Burnable!

I meant flammable. :P

Lisa: Yours is plastic! Bad for the environment!
me: Mine's bigger.

How mature of us, right?

me: Mine the cockpit can open!!

That was my trump card. ....Aren't cockpits only found on aircraft...?

Anyways, when we were relinquished of our Armand-watching duties, the three of us and Acap went upstairs. Acap and Lisa were recording songs, while Dan and I were in her room, doing random stuff. Before going home:

Cami: Ma, I want to change, can you follow me upstairs?
Anji: No, I still have guests. Kakak can follow you.
Acap: *in creepy/weird voice* Abang can follow you~
Cami: No! I hate you.
me: In order to hate, you must also love~
Acap: *to me* I hate you!
me: Awww~ that's so sweet! *approaches Acap*
Acap: *steps away* I love you!
me: You love me? Even better!
Acap: I don't know you!

Haha. Funny lah us.

The Syeds were absent from Opah's house on Friday too. This time Sarah was feeling unwell. So Dan and I spent our time drawing while listening to songs on her iPod. In the evening we had a craving for food, so we made ourselves a couple of toasted cheese sandwiches. :9 Then Dan and family had to leave. Acap was going to tuition, and the rest were going back home.

We met again later though, at Uncle Kamal's house. We were having a kenduri tahlil for Tok + birthday celebration for Uncle Zak & Hannah. Nana and family were there too. :)

The night was filled with the usual at kenduri tahlils and birthdays. It only occurs to me now how opposite these two events are. Huh. While the rest were baca-ing the yasin, I sat in a corner (being unable to, because of you-know-what lah) between Nana and Dan, watching everyone's faces.

After that was time to eat, and then everyone sat around chit-chatting and stuff. We went home sometime past 11 o'clock.

Saturday was a normal day, as is today, so that was my week. This was supposed to be a short entry, but...

Aite, I have to continue doing my assignments now. TTFN!

0 comments: