Saturday, August 9, 2008

FIFTY?!

For my Drawing 1 class, my first assignment is to do 50 sketches of objects found in the bedroom, bathroom, kitchen, living room and studio.

50 sketches. FIFTY. And I hate drawing objects, so this first assignment is NOT FUN.

I need to change my attitude.

On a brighter note, lookit what I drew yesterday!!! :)





Well, I inked it in yesterday. I started sketching it on Thursday, while I was waiting for my next class in the Unisel library.

After that I used a red pen and red and maroon colour pencils to colour the blood, and thus is the finished product:


It'd probably look better with more chains, and a background, but... well, I hate drawing chains, and I'm too scared I'd ruin it if I were to try a background. :<

Close up on the face!
And the hand. :)
Morbid, bloody drawings fascinate me. I had a lot of fun drawing this. Though I was whining and complaining a lot when doing the chains.
Oh, and btw, that's my OC, Mace. He has somewhat a tragic life. Go figure.
Mace needs his bandages changed.



"You know you're in love when you can't fall asleep because reality is finally better than your dreams."
-Dr Seuss

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The picture is actually well done I see no need for more chains, and the blood itself looks pretty good, good enough that there would be no need for enough chains to make him bound like a cenobite. Yes this is a random message, but honestly this picture caught my attention.

Anonymous said...

Its me again, I just wanted to say I really like the drawing. I always look at it from time to time, Im not a gore type of person, so thats not what brings me to it, the way you portrayed the character is what I like. It literally gives the character life. Like I said you should not worry about adding anything over the course of time. Only if it really bothers you, its how you feel on the inside, that is the being resting within you, never make the world change who you are. I really like the work you put into it. I just hope you can read it, you deserve this.