Thursday, November 13, 2008

face the sun

Well, I'm glad to say that the presentation went...well. I mean, really well.

Encik Ibrahim wasn't present for a reason we were not told, but the five lecturers (including mine) were all there. I was the third person to present.

Basically, what we had to present were these 4 assignements: a mind-map and three posters, all of which shares the subject of "Myself". For the three posters, we had to choose one strong characterisitc of ourself, and aplly that into the posters.

Waiting for my turn was probably that scariest part. I chose to be third, by the way. The faster the better, I say. As long as I wasn't first. Third was the perfect number.

First presenter got mixed comments. There were a few good comments, but lots of questions that he was unable to answer, so that's bad. Second presenter did much better. The lecturers liked her mind-map. But she got some belasah-ing from the "Simon Cowell" of the group (she's female though).

Then it was my turn (my throat had gone totally dry), and...

Well, I guess I did good, because apparently they were impressed.

me: Good morning to Pn Rosyida and lecturers... I guess I can call you the "panel of judges" of sorts...
them: *laugh*

I didn't know what I was saying. It just came out. I was so relieved they laughed and didn't just stare at me blankly.

By the end of the presentation, they were nodding in that way that people nod when they're impressed, which made me relieved to no end. And then one of the lecturers, the only male one, (I really need to find out their names) started to clap and I was all "Oh, Lord..."

Then they started giving their comments.

How do I go on without sounding...perasan? Well, basically they were impressed. Firstly with my English, but this is most probably because they were used to a much lower level of English, since there are very few English-speakers in Unisel. They asked me how I learned such big words/phrases (though I didn't even use big words, as far as I know) like "minimal shading" (that's the one phrase I remember saying), to which I took the liberty to tell them that I sometimes read the dictionary...

They also said that "I know what I'm talking about". I have nothing to say about this. I guess I did, but who would go up to present with no knowledge of what they were supposed to be presenting?

When it was the Simon-esque lecturer's turn to comment, the male lecturer said to me, "You should be proud, she has nothing to say!" Hahah, she did say stuff though. :P

They said lots more...but let's not get into all that.

Basically, I did quite well. Yay me. xD

We were allowed to go home after presenting, so I didn't see the other presentations. I went to lepak with Huda instead. :P

Needless to say, today has been a pretty good day. ;)

1 comments:

Hikari said...

you know what's awesome?

YOU.

I can just imagine the whole scenario, man! plus, your lecturer/dean guy really seemed take! by your awesomeness, that is!

you think its because you're awesome? ;D