Saturday, November 29, 2008

Okaerinasai

The Husswans are finally home from Thailand, safe and sound, alhamdulillah. :)

They were supposed to be home by Wednesday, but the airport was closed due to the political problems they are having now. So they were stranded there.

That being the case, we (the Ramlis) were the only ones at Opah's yesterday, since the Syeds are in Florida and Omar is sick so he stayed home for the day.

Opah's house is really quiet without the rest of the kiddies. It was both peaceful and lonely. I spent most of the day reading Inkdeath and sleeping. Alright, mostly sleeping. We had tea and dinner as usual. Auntie Anum came around tea-time as usual, and Uncle Zak, Auntie Tia and Omar appeared for dinner.

me: *switches on Ultraman for Omar*
Kak Pur: Cakap thank you kat Kak Rina.
me: *taps cheek*
Omar: *kisses cheek* Thank you.

I just think he's adorable. Really noisy at times, but adorable.

The Husswans, meanwhile, had set out early in the morning, heading towards a military base where MAS had arranged a flight for all the stranded people. The plane was due to leave around 5PM and reach home around 8PM, but it was delayed.

Nevertheless we waited for them at Opah's house till 10.30 or so. I spent around half and hour of that time trying to convince myself to call Huda (I was bored out of my skull, seriously, it was either I call someone or sleep again), and when I finally did, she didn't pick up. So I gave it a few minutes before calling again. She picked up this time, only to tell me that she was in a cinema.

This is why I don't call people much. I almost always catch them at a bad time.

After that, I went into the bathroom and lay down on the floor (it was dry btw), in the dark, feeling stupid. :P

At 10:30 or so, us Ramlis decided to wait at the Husswan residence instead, so we did, bringing Nadia with us. Poor Nadia. 10 days without her family. :(

We waited and waited until half and hour before minute before they finally arrived. I don't even remember what I did during that time. Walk around, stare at my phone, fail at playing the piano, read a chapter of my book, write a little...

It was great seeing them all again. Acap was wearing a white hat and carrying a guitar case (later on Dan told me he had gotten yet another new guitar), and the first thing he did when he entered the house was look in the mirror. The second thing he did was go up to the attic with Amir and do some jamming. x3

Armand was his usual emo-looking-self, staring blankly into space. That is, until he was put down and he started running around, laughing at Cami.

And Dan... hit me when I told her I got Inkdeath. D: She was all hyper in that way she usually gets when I'm with her. Hahah.

Haiih, I missed these people while they were away, man. Really.

We stayed until around 1AM before heading home.

Anyways, I had my last exam paper on Wednesday. History of Asian Art. It was easy. :D I'm free now! For now. Wednesday also marked the day Huda officially left Unisel. Not something I'd like to discuss, so let's leave it at that.

What should I do today?

0 comments: