Sunday, November 16, 2008

Just The Two Of Us

D'you remember how we got these nicknames?


I knew you'd get it. And I'm not just saying that. For someone with a fat head and egoistic tendencies, you really need to have more faith in yourself.

Congratulations, you. I haven't said that yet, have I?

Did you know...? When you told me, that time in the cafe, I had already begun to tear up. As you know, it doesn't take too much to trigger my tear ducts. Just another similarity between you and I.

I am truly truly happy for you. I know you needed to get this. But...

I've been lucky enough to have one of my best friends studying in the same university as me, and I'm extremely grateful for that. I can't tell you how...thrilled I was when you called me that day months ago and told me you'd be going to Unisel. I was literally jumping for joy and shouting happily, to the point where my mom sent Julia to check on me.

But that just makes me all the sadder that now, you'll be leaving.

I'm going to miss:

1) SMS-ing you after every single class, asking "Where is you?" and waiting with half-patience for a reply
2)Feeling my phone vibrate in my pocket and seeing "I is in my dorm! Can you come up?" on the screen
3) Ordering either McD or Domino's with you and pigging out (as far as 'pigging out' goes for the likes of me) in the cafe/koperasi
4) Sitting at a table in the cafe/koperasi, drawing or playing games on my phone, and hearing your voice from somewhere behind saying "Hey, baby~"
5) Tolerating your teasing about "Taknaklah, dah kenyang..." or "bluetoot" or "baber" (although I like that word too now)
6) Talking fast-paced crap with you while Yus watches on, laughing at us
7) Watching you stare at every little gay/Sanzo doodle in my book
8) Saying in unision, "That's so gay!" about every little thing
9) Walking up to your dorm and finding you...
...asleep
10) Taking your hands and either cracking your knuckles or tickling your wrist or tightening your watch strap
11) All our gay moments, especially the ones on your bed ;D
12) Sitting on your bed, listening to music on our phones and talking the time away

It won't be quite the same without you to brighten up my day. Sure, it's not like I won't have any friends anymore, but I'm sure pretty much everyone I know would agree with me when I say college friends are just not the same as school friends. These are the people you wore those light blue kurungs or pinafores with, the people you freaked out about and lived through PMR/SPM with, the people you groaned and puzzled about addmaths with, the people you had recess with.

But I guess it's not that bad. I mean, it's not like you're going to the other end of the world or something. Melaka is a lot better than Rompin, right? I will definitely be visiting you whenever I balik kampung. And I'm still going to shower you with e-mails, SMSes, Facebook comments, blog comments, etc etc...

But I'm still going to miss you.

I'm really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really really (I could go on and on...) going to miss you.


Ilu, baber.♥

0 comments: